At Movable Ink we’re designing the next generation of enterprise workflows and contextual marketing tools for email marketers. We believe that visual systems give meaning to the entire digital experience, and we’re looking for a Creative Director that shares our philosophy. Someone who thinks of themselves as a visual experience designer and who puts people at the center of everything they do. A holistic systems thinker with a wildly creative side. A master of their craft who can translate ideas into experiences.
Fast forward one year. Here’s what you’ll have accomplished at Movable Ink:
- Refreshed our brand. Movable Ink is an immediately recognizable brand in an enterprise space swimming with corporate blue but we needed a refresh. You ran with it, creating a logotype that inspired the company and made our clients love us even more. The brand system you defined is instantly recognizable and flexible enough to communicate Movable Ink’s identity across a variety of mediums.
- Extended the new brand into a visual system reaching across the entire customer experience including our marketing site, lead gen and sales materials, cross-channel communications, content marketing, and products. Across every touchpoint you defined and crafted compelling story and communicated it through a unified visual experience. The visual system underpinning this experience extended from digital, to print, to environmental design, and included our client summit, company events, and our new office (which everyone thinks is awesome, by the way). Think Otl Aicher and the Munich Olympics.
- Worked closely with the marketing and client experience teams to brainstorm creative and innovative ways of showcasing what our technology can do. Your cutting-edge ideas have been eagerly adopted by our clients and even won some awards.
- Championed design both internally and externally. You consistently engaged in thoughtful, educational design conversations, studios, and charrettes with stakeholders across the entire company. People love talking to you about design (and appreciate how it can impact business results and fuel our growth), and you gave some great talks at conferences and events around New York City.
- Mentored junior designers and taught them what it takes to be a visual experience designer. Under your tutelage, the work they produced had a big impact on the company, and they are now preparing to do some mentoring of their own.
In the past you have:
- Been the creative force behind brand identity and visual systems for a range of clients
- Worked in collaborative, cross-functional team environments
- Taught, mentored, or been recognized for contributing to the growth of more junior designers
It would be amazing if:
- You’ve worked in enterprise SaaS startups
- You love spinning up side projects because there are things you just want to exist in this world
- You think email is the best thing since sliced bread
Movable Ink provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Movable Ink complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment.