At Movable Ink we’re designing the next generation of enterprise workflows and contextual marketing tools for email marketers. We believe solid, rigorous research is pivotal to crafting a shared understanding that results in organizational alignment and we’re looking for a design researcher who shares our philosophy. Someone who believes that research is a team effort and that empathy, passion, and storytelling are foundational to creating great experiences.
Fast forward one year. Here’s what you have accomplished at Movable Ink:
- Established a research practice. After getting a lay of the land, you jumped in and carved out a space for both qualitative and quantitative research. You worked closely with key stakeholders to understand product goals and strategies which you then used to develop research plans that had a significant impact on both product design and quality. Alongside the more traditional research practices you implemented (especially when visiting our customers), you also showcased resourcefulness and creativeness in gathering information that has impressed the company and lead to some breakthrough insights.
- Synthesized research findings, but not in a dry way! Your storytelling capabilities are legendary and people across the organization seek you out to to better understand what drives and motivates Movable Ink’s customers. The posters and creative ways in which you packaged qualitative and quantitative data (both primary and secondary research) into consumable, compelling, and actionable insights were crucial to the creation of user insights, frameworks, and information models.
- Helped establish research as one of the foundations of product and organizational strategy. Like us, you were totally behind the idea that everyone should participate in research and you took that to heart. You facilitated, educated, and mentored cross-functional teams in how to do effective research. As people experienced the value of great research, it became increasingly part of our process and culture.
- Championed research and design both internally and externally. You consistently engaged in thoughtful, educational research conversations, design studios, and charrettes with stakeholders across the entire company. People love talking to you about research (and appreciate how it can impact business results and fuel our growth), and you gave some great talks at conferences and events around New York City.
In the past you have:
- Shaped and lead strategic systems thinking based upon insights gathered through research
- Worked in collaborative, cross-functional team environments
- Worked extensively with clients and key stakeholders
It would be amazing if:
- You’ve worked in enterprise SaaS startups
- You have a high level of comfort working within a self-directed culture and navigating ambiguity
- You think email is the best thing since sliced bread
Movable Ink provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Movable Ink complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment.