The Product Owner is responsible for helping define, direct, and launch our software products. We are looking for an unique individual who can synthesize information from our current customers, our employees, the market, and the competitive landscape to conceive and build game-changing products with differentiated value propositions.
You should be an expert in agile development processes and lean startup methods and be able to understand software, user interface design, and the business needs of marketers and be able to simplify complex and sometimes competing requirements. You will also be a strong communicator who is equally adept at talking to engineers, salespeople, marketers, and customers.
Responsibilities of the Product Owner:
- Own Movable Ink’s go-to-market strategies, strategic positioning, and product updates for a core product line
- Manage entire product lifecycle
- Work with our Head of UX to guide and implement an industry-leading user interface
- Conduct customer development to validate assumptions and analysis to verify an addressable market
- Develop a product roadmap and work with designers and engineers to define, prioritize, and deliver core products
- Define a unique value proposition relative to other products in the marketing ecosystem
- Become an expert on up-and-coming technologies that create new opportunities
Basic Qualifications Needed:
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience
- 6+ years experience in a product management role at SaaS and/or marketing software company
- Background in UX or engineering
- Deep understanding of how the marketing and creative functions intersect and complement one another
- Proven experience in customer development, product definition, feature scoping, and balancing tradeoffs for industry-leading business software products
- Possesses a keen user interface intuition and has worked with world-class designers
- Proven success using the Lean Startup/Customer Development Process and bringing a quantifiable track record
- Understands tools available to marketers today, weaknesses in the process, and has strong opinions about great product design
- Software engineering, hard sciences, or UX background
- Startup and business software experience in marketing tech, ad tech, or content authoring a plus
Movable Ink provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Movable Ink complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment.